The guide prices are the parameters which we believe the lot may achieve, although by the very nature of entries the actual sale prices may be higher or lower depending upon demand and popularity of the lot at the actual auction. We would like to clarify our position on guide prices and reserves to help set your mind at rest as to how All Wales Auction has operated and will continue to operate in the future.
• We have always set guide prices in conjunction with our professional knowledge of what the likely sale price will be and our clientʼs indication of their likely minimum acceptable sale price.
• Where we set a single guide price, the reserve is never more than plus 10% of this ﬁgure. Where a guide price is displayed as a range, we always aim to set the reserve within these two ﬁgures or lower. With the occasional property due to rare instances it may sometimes be no more than 10% above the top end of the guide.
• From time to time, just prior to the auction our clients may adjust their reserve price. Where this happens we always adjust our guide prices accordingly in order to remain transparent.
• We have always felt strongly that it is in everyone’s interest to keep the relationship between guide price and reserve price very clear, although the reserve price is never disclosed, unless we are selling by using a no reserve or disclosed reserve method.
• We trust this helps to clarify the position of All Wales Auction, however if you would like to discuss this in more detail please do not hesitate to contact us.
• Guide Prices are published in good faith and may change at any time during the marketing campaign. For up to date information contact us on 01248 75 39 39 or visit www.allwalesauction.com.